Sunday, July 13, 2014

Review: City Color Be Matte Blush

The Purchase

These cost $3.99 each at the City Color website. I know! So cheap! So of course I had to get three. I got these during a free shipping sale for $2.99 each awhile back, but even at the regular price, they're a steal. I'm not sure if you can get these anywhere else. The colors I got were Fresh Melon, Pink Grapefruit, and Dragonfruit.  There are a total of 8 shades.

The Packaging

These come in a sleek black compact with a clear top. They look very nice, and are quite sturdy. While I do wish they included a mirror, well, it's $3.99, so I really can't complain.



The Performance

WOW do these ever pack a punch. So. Much. Pigment. Seriously, you could wear one of these every day and not hit pan for YEARS. Sometimes, super pigmented blush can be difficult to work with, but I find these to be really smooth and easy to blend, too. So soft, and so matte! Matte powders can be chalky sometimes, but these blushes do not have that problem at all.

Pink Grapefruit and Dragonfruit are both very cool-toned pinks, with Dragonfruit being the brighter of the two (but they are both very intense!). Fresh Melon is a peachy color. It is quite orange. I probably wouldn't have bought it if I knew how orange, because orangey blush does not suit my complexion particularly well, but it is a pretty color, and someone who enjoys orange toned blush would love this.

Swatches are one swipe, indoors with a flash. L-R: Fresh Melon, Pink Grapefruit, and Dragonfruit.



The Verdict

I want more!  I really want to try the shade Blackberry. These are really nice blushes, and at an amazing price! Honestly, though, I have blushes that cost 10x this amount, and they are comparable in quality. So pigmented, so smooth- these are some of my favorite blushes. They are really impressive, and I want to try more from City Color. Highly recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment